Attention SOPHOMORES & JUNIORS interested in signing up for the PSAT:
The PSAT will be given at ACHS on October 29th.
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test is a great tool for students considering college. Any junior who plans on applying to Governor's Scholar needs to take either the PSAT and/or ACT in October. Sophomores who plan on applying to Craft or Gatton Academies are encouraged to take the PSAT.
Online Exam registration will begin on Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 12:01 AM and ends on Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 11:59 PM. In order to register, students should click on the link provided on the school website or visit www.TotalRegistration.net/PSAT/181350 to register .
Here are the important dates for the registration process:
- Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 12:01 AM - Registration Begins
- Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 11:59 PM - Registration Ends
- Wed, Sep 16, 2020 - Registrations that have not been paid for will be canceled and exams will not be ordered.
Please contact Ashlee Thacker, firstname.lastname@example.org , if you have questions.
Information For Current High School Sophomores
The application for the Class of 2023 opened on August 3rd, and will remain open through February 1st, 2021.
Applicants for the Class of 2023 must:
· Be a resident of the state of Kentucky
· Be a current sophomore (by transcript)
· Be on track to complete Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry by the END of their sophomore year
· Earn a minimum of 18 in English, 21 in Reading and 22 in Math on the ACT or 520 or higher SAT ERW score (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing) and a 540 or higher SAT Math score.
· Accepting SAT scores is new to the application process for the Class of 2023.
· You are not required to take both the ACT and SAT – eligible scores from either test are accepted.
· Complete an online application, and submit a supplemental items packet no later than February 1st, 2021.
Register for a Virtual Presentation or Join us on Facebook Live for a quick Q & A:
A Virtual Visit Presentation would be perfect for applicants, family members, or school administrators who are looking to learn more about our program, speak to current staff and students, and have the opportunity to ask questions at the end. Our slideshow presentation lasts approximately 30 minutes, followed by the Q&A.
Virtual Visits can also be scheduled during a specific time for a specific set of students.
Pre-Registration for a Virtual Visit is required: https://www.moreheadstate.edu/Academics/Craft-Academy/Prospective-Students/Schedule-a-Virtual-Visit
Virtual Visit Dates:
· September 8th, 2020 – 6 p.m.
· September 19th, 2020 – 11 a.m.
· October 10th, 2020 - 11 a.m.
· October 26th, 2020 – 6 p.m.
Our Facebook Live sessions are a time to get to know our current students, staff roles and ask questions about the application process. All applicants, family members or school administrators are invited to tune in! Pre-Registration for our Facebook Live Event is not required, be sure you follow MSU Craft Academy on Facebook and tune in on the dates/times below:
Facebook Live Dates:
· September 22nd, 2020 – 4 p.m. – Learn about our program, curriculum, and application requirements.
· October 13th, 2020 – 11 a.m. – Meet our staff and hear how they can support you at Craft Academy.
· November 2nd, 2020 – 4 p.m. – Meet our Craft Academy Ambassador Team, and ask questions to our current students.
· November 16th, 2020 – 11 a.m. – Application submission and timeline, along with a Q&A.
We at Craft Academy are aware of the changes in the ACT schedule for some testing locations. In order to ensure that our applicants are not hindered by this, we have added SAT scores as a testing option for our application process. You are not required to take both the ACT and the SAT – but you may now submit scores from either test. If you are having trouble getting registered for the ACT or SAT, please check the registration for Morehead State University, along with other testing sites that are giving the National Tests across the state.
Eligible Test Scores:
ACT: 18 in English, 21 in Reading, 22 in Math
SAT: 520 or higher SAT ERW score (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing) and a 540 or higher SAT Math score.
Reach out to our Craft Academy Recruitment Team and we will be glad to answer any questions!
Sunshine Stamper Sarah Woodall
Assistant Director Admissions, Enrollment Services Counselor
Public Relations and Recruitment 606.783.2152
_____________________________________________________________________The August 2020 Your KHEAA College Connection is now available at www.kheaa.com/website/kheaa/collegeconnection?main=1.You will find the following articles in this month’s issue:- Campus health tips- Net price calculators- Social media outreach schedule- ACT/SAT testing dates- And moreYour KHEAA College Connection is a newsletter created to inform students, parents and others about state education news, financial aid, financial literacy and other educational topics.