The Kentucky Commissioner of Education is seeking applicants to be considered for
appointment to the Anderson County Board of Education. You are invited to
nominate yourself or someone you know who is qualified to serve on the Anderson
County Board of Education representing
· Educational Division #1 Anderson County.
The vacancy was created by the resignation of Benita Young.
Under the provisions of KRS 160.190 (2), this appointment is effective until
· The end of the elected term.
This is a public service position and the person appointed will not be employed by
the Anderson County Public Schools.
Board members must be:
· At least 24 years old.
· A Kentucky citizen for the last three years.
· A registered voter in the district and voter precincts of the vacancy (District 1).
· Have a high school diploma or a GED certificate.
· Must be in compliance with anti-nepotism state laws.
· Cannot provide contract services for the school district.
School board members are involved primarily in the following areas:
· Developing policy that governs the operation of schools.
· Providing visionary leadership that establishes long-range plans and
programs for the district.
· Hiring the district superintendent and issuing annual evaluation reports.
· Setting local tax rates and practicing vigorous stewardship to ensure that all
school district funds are spent wisely.
Applications must be postmarked by May 21, 2012.
Application forms for this position are available from:
· Anderson County Board of Education Office at 1160 Bypass North,
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky 40342.
· The Kentucky Department of Education, address below. Phone Number
All applications must be mailed directly to:Commissioner of Education
1stFloor, Capital Plaza Tower
500 Mero Street
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
The Kentucky Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis or race, color national origin, sex religion, age or
disability in employment or the provision of services.